School principal: Ms. Zeena Aziz
- Maryamana National Non-Governmental School was established in 2016, and opened in 2017. The establishment of the school was to help people and students residing in Ankawa and Erbil and provide job opportunities for several unemployed teachers. The current number of Maryamana school staff is 29 members, including teachers and the administrates. The ages registered in the school from 6 to 15 years old, as education is offered for both primary and middle stages. The school aims to provide a robust foundation of education, by developing learners’ capabilities, providing them with practical and educational skills, qualifying them to improve their local and global future, and enabling them to compete and be creative.
- To develop courses in humanities and science
- To improve science laboratories and educational curriculum
- To contribute to improving the quality of education nationwide
- To prepare students for higher academic success
"My experience with this school was wonderful from all aspects. I learned alot from all of the teachers and their dealing with the students was very kind for developing their social skills and abilities. I spent all years in this school without seeing someone bullying or discriminating between students, this a good point that the teachers focused on to teach students, and to educate them in a civilly way. Maryamana school is from the best schools that I have tried which I would like to advice everyone to complete his future, because personaly I haven't faced any problems in this school and especially the administration deals with the students in a very respectful way which treat them like adults.”
"Honestly I hope that the school provided high school for the students, and also to learn different international languages that will be useful for different opportunities in the future, also as a point to focus on it would be so good if their will be school missions for different countries to raise the level and awareness of the student. "